Improving the Workplace for PAs and NPs
CHLM successfully guides hospitals and health systems to improve utilization, compliance, and performance in the inpatient, outpatient, and surgical settings. Our team provides healthcare systems and their executives with options to better incorporate PAs and NPs that aligns with the executive strategy as well as guides operational staff with prioritized recommendations and facilitated implementation.
We advise employers on issues such as:
- Demonstrating opportunities for better PA/NP utilization
- Minimizing compliance risk surrounding the PA/NP workforce
- Maximizing billing and reimbursement opportunities
Five Areas of Focus:
- Maximizing Provider Utilization
- Reimbursement and Billing Policy
- Credentialing and Privileging PAs and NPs
- Hospital Practice: Regulations and Scope of Practice
- Governance, Organizational Structure and Corporate Culture
Making the Case for Change at Your Organization
PAs and NPs play an important role in advancing their institution’s quality of care, access to care, and operational efficiency. Whether it’s an evaluation of the utilization of the PA and NP team, the need for a director of PAs and NPs, or an assessment of your organization’s billing and reimbursement practices, here are some basics of making a case for change:
- Remember that you are telling a story about how your proposal meets the business need, not just the need of the PAs and/or NPs.
- Be succinct and align your case with the strategic goals of the institution.
- Analyze both the risks and opportunities.
- Demonstrate support from your colleagues.
- Present projected resources and potential return on investment (ROI).
- Present your case directly to the decision-maker. If you present to the #2 or #3 something could be lost in translation.