Applications are Now Closed
The prestigious Employer of Excellence awards recognize organizations that are top employers of PAs. Award benefits include recognition at the national AAPA Conference, discounted advertisement on AAPA’s job board, and much more.
Any organization located in the United States employing 10 or more PAs is eligible to apply for the Employer of Excellence Awards.
CHLM partnered with HealthStream to better understand what PAs value in their place of employment and identified 5 Key Drivers of PA Retention and Engagement as the criteria for the awards:
- A positive and supportive PA work environment
- Effective conflict management
- PA opportunities to provide meaningful input that leads to positive organizational change
- Communication that keeps PAs informed of organizational activity and decisions
- Leadership efforts to involve PAs in improving the quality of patient care
Learn more about eligibility and award criteria in the Application Guidelines (PDF).
Applications are now closed.
First-time applicants and organizations that previously applied but were not selected to become EOE awardees must complete the three-step CHLM Employer of Excellence New Awardee Application (see sample form).
Organizations that received a previous Employer of Excellence award are now able to reapply to maintain their status as an awardee after the initial two-year time period using the abbreviated Returning Awardee Application. If approved, this designation will be valid for an additional two years. After that time, Returning Awardees may reapply every two years using the abbreviated application (see sample form).
First-time applicants and organizations that previously applied but were not selected to become EOE awardees are not eligible to use this abbreviated application and must complete the CHLM Employer of Excellence New Awardee Application above.
Questions? Send us an email.
The Employer of Excellence Award is a two-year designation.
All winners will be recognized and showcased for their achievement across AAPA channels, including the official award presentation at the national AAPA Conference in Nashville, May 16-20, 2020.
Winners also receive publicity in an official AAPA press release and other articles, as well as a communications and marketing toolkit to use when publicizing the award on their organization’s channels (i.e., website, social media, newsletter, etc.). A full list of award benefits and details about the award presentation can be found in the Application Guidelines (PDF).
Organizations recognized as Employers of Excellence for their success in creating workplaces with high PA engagement and satisfaction will be more likely to benefit from:
- enhanced recruitment of highly qualified PAs from across the country
- increased retention rates and reduced turnover rates among PAs
- serving as a resource in communicating to patients that engaged, involved, and satisfied PAs lead to better patient care and quality outcomes
- being showcased as model PA employers in the healthcare industry, providing opportunities to share their stories of effective team practice and PA-positive work environments.
The Perks of Being an Employer of Excellence
In their own words, healthcare employers from across the country share how being selected as a CHLM Employer of Excellence benefits their organizations.