2019-20 Employer of Excellence Awards
Applications Now Open!
Organizations who currently employ 10 or more PAs can now apply for the 2019-20 Employer of Excellence Awards. It’s free to apply!
CHLM’s prestigious awards recognize organizations that are top employers of PAs and role models nationwide. Employers of Excellence create a positive and supportive work environment for PAs, encourage collaborative provider teams, and so much more.
Submit your application and nominate your employer today!
Any organization located in the United States employing 10 or more PAs is eligible to apply for the Employer of Excellence Awards.
CHLM partnered with HealthStream to better understand what PAs value in their place of employment and identified 5 Key Drivers of PA Retention and Engagement as the criteria for the awards:
- A positive and supportive PA work environment
- Effective conflict management
- PA opportunities to provide meaningful input that leads to positive organizational change
- Communication that keeps PAs informed of organizational activity and decisions
- Leadership efforts to involve PAs in improving the quality of patient care
Learn more about Eligibility and Award Criteria in the Application Guidelines (PDF).
All Employer of Excellence Award winners will be recognized and showcased for their achievement across CHLM and AAPA channels, including the official award presentation at the national AAPA Conference in Denver, CO, May 18-22, 2019.
Winners also receive an official CHLM Employer of Excellence Awards Communications and Marketing Toolkit for use when publicizing the award on their organization’s channels (i.e., website, social media, newsletter, etc.). A full list of award benefits and details about the award presentation can be found in the Application Guidelines (PDF).
Organizations recognized as Employers of Excellence for their success in creating workplaces with high PA engagement and satisfaction will be more likely to benefit from:
- enhanced recruitment of highly qualified PAs from across the country
- increased retention rates and reduced turnover rates among PAs
- serving as a resource in communicating to patients that engaged, involved, and satisfied PAs lead to better patient care and quality outcomes
- being showcased as model PA employers in the healthcare industry, providing opportunities to share their stories of effective team practice and PA-positive work environments.
The Perks of Being an Employer of Excellence
In their own words, healthcare employers from across the country share how being selected as a CHLM Employer of Excellence benefits their organizations.
Congratulations to the 2018-19 CHLM Employers of Excellence!
Eight hospitals and health systems were selected as CHLM’s inaugural Employers of Excellence and are role models for employers nationwide. CHLM is proud of the work the winners are doing to empower PAs, support their professional development, and facilitate effective collaboration among all providers.
Get to know our 2018-19 winners!