What is ELC?
Offering customized leadership and personal development strategies for PAs, ELC will help you identify the leadership competencies necessary to succeed in a variety of healthcare settings. You will acquire management skills that can be directly and immediately applied to your role as a leader in your organization.
Why should I attend?
We’ve specifically designed ELC for PA leaders and clinical administrators. See what past attendees have said about this engaging and informative conference:
“Excellent conference offering practical and useful tools balanced with the acknowledgement of the need to develop personal attributes of leadership. Thank you so much for the opportunity to be present with so many inspirational leaders in our field.”
“Thank you. This conference was the place I needed to be with my new position.”
“Excellent, one of the best conferences I have been to.”
“I really enjoyed the conference. I felt like I could take back something from every topic to bring back to my job/role.”
What will I learn?
During the course, you will:
- Explore relevant content, no matter your healthcare setting
- Experience faculty and content across various disciplines – but always with the focus on the PA as the primary learner
- Develop your management skills in areas of workforce metrics, employment law, finance, negotiation strategies, and leadership competencies
- Network with a broad group of PA administrators, from those who are just starting out to seasoned professionals
- Learn how to utilize your strengths to become a more effective leader
This program is not yet approved for CME credit. Conference organizers plan to request 18 AAPA Category 1 CME credits from the AAPA Review Panel. The total number of approved credits is yet to be determined.
Agenda coming soon!
Examples of sessions to be offered include:
- Healthcare Manager Leadership Competencies from ACHE
- Leadership Pathways: What Are They and How Do I Get There?
- Measuring Your Workforce/Outcomes Research
- Employment Laws That Every Supervisor Needs to Know
- Personal Leadership Assessment and How to Interpret Your Results
- Negotiation Strategies and Skills
Executive Leadership Conference
8 a.m., Tuesday, November 6, 2018 – 12 p.m., Thursday, November 8, 2018
Registration includes three breakfasts, two lunches, a welcome reception, and online access to course materials. There is no single-day pricing for this course.
- Early Bird Rate (by May 23): $749
- Advance Rate (May 24 – August 1): $799
- Standard Rate (after August 1): $849
- Early Bird Rate (by May 23): $1,019
- Advance Rate (May 24 – August 1): $1,069
- Standard Rate (after August 1): $1,119
Having issues registering? Please contact Mairi Ferguson.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- We give a 75 percent refund for cancellations received at least 30 days prior to a conference or seminar.
- We give a 50 percent refund for cancellations received fewer than 30 days prior to a conference or seminar.
- We do not give refunds or credits for no-shows and cancellation notifications received after the conference or seminar begins.
The 2018 Executive Leadership Conference will take place at The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner, 1700 Tysons Blvd, McLean, VA 22102.
A special discounted rate of $199 has been negotiated for attendees of this meeting. This group rate will be available until October 12, 2018, or until the room block is full. After that time, a room cannot be guaranteed.
Reservations can also be made over the phone by calling 1-800-241-3333. Please have your arrival/departure dates, bed type preference, and credit card information ready. You must mention the group name “Executive Leadership Conference” in order to receive the discounted rate.
Should you have any issues booking a hotel room, please contact Mairi Ferguson.
Thinking about staying elsewhere? Reconsider! By staying at the conference hotel, you have easy access to the day’s sessions, meals, and countless networking opportunities with your peers. Additionally, by staying within the official AAPA hotel block, you help AAPA negotiate the best rates for our attendees.
- Complimentary high-speed wireless internet in guest rooms
- Complimentary use of fitness center, steam room, sauna, and whirlpool
Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out time is 11 a.m. Reservations must be cancelled 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid a no-show fee equal to one night’s room and tax. All reservations and cancellations must be made directly with the hotel.
Flying? This hotel is 14 miles from Dulles International Airport (IAD) and 16 miles from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Hotel shuttle service to and from the airport is not provided. Using rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are highly recommended in this area.
Driving? Self-parking is available for $12 per day. Valet parking is $20 per day and $40 for overnight. Get more information regarding directions and other parking options.
Taking the train? The hotel is 15 miles from the Amtrak station at Union Station in Washington, DC.
Things to Do
Located just outside the nation’s capital, you’ll find plenty of things to do and see in Tysons Corner. Take time after the day’s sessions, or extend your stay and check out some of the nation’s finest sites! Jump on the Metro’s Silver Line or grab an Uber and you’ll be downtown in no time.
The hotel is conveniently connected to the Tysons Corner Galleria, filled with shops and restaurants. It’s also just across the street from Tysons Corner Center, a massive mall with hundreds of upscale stores and eateries, plus a cinema and an elevated outdoor plaza.
On-site ELC Registration
On-site registration will open at 6:30 a.m. on Tuesday, November 6. Please be sure to stop by and pick up your registration materials before heading into the sessions. You only need to check in once at the on-site registration desk.
Accessing ELC Electronic Handouts
Please remember there is no paper syllabus for this course. Electronic handouts provided by conference faculty will be available under My Curriculum on AAPA’s Learning Central two weeks before the conference start date.
Accessing the ELC Course Evaluation and CME Certificate
Your feedback helps us plan future conferences; therefore, your completion of a course evaluation is a prerequisite for a CME certificate. The ELC course evaluation/CME certificate will be available on AAPA’s Learning Central starting on Thursday, November 8, 2018. You must complete the evaluation by Friday, December 14, 2018, to obtain your CME certificate.